Therapeutic internships or practicum experiences are available for those in programs for Master of Social Work, Professional Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a combination of Art Therapy and other clinical licensure. Placements provide students the opportunity to explore the therapy role in an inpatient unit (child/adolescent), partial hospitalization program (all ages) or intensive outpatient programming (all ages) depending on site and placement. Internships or practicum experiences focus on assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of psychosocial services for patients. Students work directly with their supervisor to provide group, family, and individual therapy for assigned patients. Students have the opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary team that may include therapists, psychiatrists/APRN’s, nurses, social workers, and psychiatric technicians. Students may also have the opportunity to attend case consultations led by a psychoanalytically trained therapist and attend PrairieCare education series.
- All internship and practicums follow a typical school year calendar, beginning in the fall and ending in the spring
- Resumes and cover letters are accepted and reviewed January-March
- Interviews take place in April with selections and offers made in May
- Students are allowed to work no more than 19 hours per week
- PrairieCare currently contracts or affiliates with specific schools. We are not able to expand contacts or add affiliates at this time due to the limited number of placements available
Please contact Susan Gatto, LICSW for further information.