As a place with purpose, PrairieCare offers internship & practicum opportunities to students in search of meaningful experiences & professional growth. Our full continuum of care provides interns with a depth of experience and breadth of knowledge.
Internships & Clinical Training
Therapeutic internships or practicum experiences are available for those in programs for Master of Social Work, Professional Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or a combination of Art Therapy and other clinical licensure. Placements provide students the opportunity to explore the therapy role in an inpatient unit (child/adolescent), partial hospitalization program (child/adolescent) or intensive outpatient programming (adult) depending on site and placement. Internships or practicum experiences focus on assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of psychosocial services for patients. Students work directly with their supervisor to provide group, family, and individual therapy for assigned patients. Students have the opportunity to work with an interdisciplinary team that may include therapists, psychiatrists/APRN’s, nurses, social workers, and psychiatric technicians. Students also have the opportunity to attend case consultations led by a psychoanalytically trained therapist and attend PrairieCare education series.
- All internships and practicums follow a typical school year calendar, beginning in the fall and ending in the spring
- Resumes and cover letters are accepted and reviewed January-March
- Interviews take place in April with selections made in May
- Students are required to work no more than 19 hours per week
- PrairieCare currently contracts or affiliates with specific schools. We are not able to expand contacts or add affiliates at this time due to the limited number of placements available.
Please contact Susan Gatto, LICSW for further information.
763.762.8860 • firstname.lastname@example.org