Jessica Huntoon, LMFTTherapist Education
Post Master’s Training: Certified MAP Therapist
Master’s Degree: St. Mary’s University
Bachelor’s Degree: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Licensure: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Jessica earned her graduate degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from St. Mary’s University in 2009. Since becoming licensed in 2012, Jessica has provided psychotherapy in a variety of settings; most recently she worked in the outpatient program at a community mental health agency in Minneapolis. Jessica specializes in working with children, adolescents, and their families. She has extensive training and experience with child-directed play therapy, a treatment modality that provides children with the opportunity to process traumatic and stressful events through play. Jessica incorporates play, talk, and art therapies when working with children and families.
Jessica also enjoys working with adults and uses an authentic, positive approach to form a therapeutic alliance with her clients. She believes in creating a partnership with clients where she works to support them with implementing change in their lives. She incorporates a variety of CBT, mindfulness, and motivational interviewing techniques addressing the mind, body, and spirit.
Outside of PrairieCare, Jessica enjoys spending time with her husband and two kids, traveling, and attending concerts.
- Life transitions (i.e. marriage, divorce, death and loss, blended families, etc.)
- Relationship Issues
- Parenting Support/Guidance
- Stress Reduction/Management
- Interpersonal Therapy for Adolescent Depression Offered via the University of Minnesota Adolescent Psychotherapy Study
- – Research Opportunity Information
- – Blog: How Does Psychotherapy Work? By: Meredith Gunlicks-Stoessel, PhD, LP and Michael Bloomquist, PhD, LP
- Adults: Yes
- Adolescents: Yes
- Children: Yes; ages 6 and older