PrairieCare’s Response to COVID 19:
All of our care settings are actively following the guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We have developed a SafeCare Pledge for all staff, patients, and visitors that outlines the measures we are taking to keep us all safe within PrairieCare and out in the community. These measures exceed community standards, and allow us to safely provide in-person mental health services.
Telehealth and Virtual Care:
PrairieCare provides telehealth services for new and existing patients through a fully secure online platform. Please click here to learn how this platform works and to schedule an appointment.
Hospital Visitation Guidelines:
For the safety of our patients and employees, we are limiting visitors to our hospital to only legal guardians (no other visitors will be permitted, including siblings). We currently are not allowing any outside food or beverage. If you have questions, please contact a member of your treatment team.
How to Stay Healthy and Prevent the Spread of Any Infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Wear a face mask when out in the community and around others.
- Avoid in-person social gatherings, and adhere to the Stay Safe MN guidelines.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Stay home if you are feeling any symptoms of illness.
- Stay informed with the science and up to date information. Visits these websites if you are wanting more education or the most current information regarding COVID-19: