PrairieCare’s Response to COVID 19:
Our Hospital Incident Command System (HICS) is in place and we are actively following the guidelines from the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Center for Disease Control (CDC). We have taken all precautionary measures to best keep our patients, visitors and staff safe. For more information regarding COVID-19, please visit the Minnesota Department of Health website:
PrairieCare provides essential healthcare services and remains fully open during the states Shelter in Place order. People are allowed to leave their homes for healthcare services, pharmacy needs, groceries and other supplies. We encourage all patients to keep their appointments, and talk with your doctor, therapist or other provider if you have any questions or concerns.
For the safety of our patients and employees, we are limiting visitors to only legal guardians (no other visitors will be permitted, including siblings). We are no longer allowing any outside food or beverage. If you have questions, please contact a member of your treatment team.
We take precautions to prevent the spread of all infectious illness. If you are attending an appointment or programming at any of our locations, you will be asked four important questions:
Do you currently have:
- A cough (unrelated to pre existing health conditions)
- Trouble Breathing (unrelated to pre existing health conditions)
- Fever or Chills
Within the last 14 days have you:
- Traveled outside of Minnesota?
- Been in close contact with a person with a laboratory confirmed case of COVID-19?
- As a healthcare worker, taken care of confirmed COVID-19 patients?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you will be given a mask and encouraged to seek medical advice. You will be asked to reschedule your appointment or inquire about telehealth. Click here to learn more about how telehealth appointments are set up at PrairieCare. Contact your provider for more information. As always, if you feel this is an emergency, please contact 911.
How to Stay Healthy and Prevent the Spread of Any Infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not readily available.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay informed with truthful facts-stick to these three websites if you are wanting more education or the most current information regarding COVID-19 https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html, https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
The Governor has directed that schools remain on a distance learning plan through the end of the 2019/2020 school year. During this time our partial hospital programs (PHP) will remain open to serve the mental health needs of our youth. We are limiting visitors to our buildings and taking extra precautionary measures to keep our treatment environment safe and clean.