Parent Family Forum
The PrairieCare Family Forum is a partnership with families and caregivers that will provide insight and guidance from their time at PrairieCare, as well as perspective on how we can improve the patient and family experience. Families and caregivers are invited to be a serving member on this committee to ensure the patient/family point of view, perspective and experience are not only heard, but also used as a tool to integrate services, processes, and overall experience components to develop quality improvements that are focused and driven by the patients and families we serve and care for. Their perspective shines a unique view and allows us to see and feel how their time with us impacts the quality of care, treatment, interactions, and outcomes for the patient and their families.
What to Expect:
As we continue to expand patient and family experiences in mental healthcare, it is vital to have families with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We ask that members take the opportunity to:
- Share your experience at PrairieCare
- Share insight and listen in an objective way
- Listen and reflect on differing points of view
- Work collaboratively with all members
- Maintain confidentiality and avoid using staff and patient names
- Encourage positive change to PrairieCare and the community that it serves
How to Join:
If this is something that you are interested in being a part of, we encourage you to please complete this form (click the link and goes to an additional form which goes to email@example.com)
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at 612-274-7500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meetings will occur regularly (The exact sequence will need to be determined ie: first Monday of every quarter.)
- Meetings are held at the Brooklyn Park hospital and will be in person, however we will provide opportunity to join on the web if needed.
- Make sure to check your email for updates, changes, and general correspondence.
- Please contact the Family Forum group leader if you will be absent from the scheduled meeting.
- We encourage cell phones and other devices to be placed on silent mode. We understand urgent needs can arise and we ask that you step out if you need to take a call.
- Stay focused on the topic. Remember this group is created to represent all families, and we ask that instead of focusing on negative comments, try to use constructive feedback and or provide a positive suggestion or solution.
- Participants will receive an agenda and any additional materials required for the meeting will be sent via email. Please indicate in advance if you prefer a hard copy to be sent to you so we can make sure you receive the material in a timely manner.
- Dinner and social time begin prior to the meeting from 5:30pm to 6pm with meetings beginning promptly at 6pm. We ask that members please be on time to reduce disruption.
- Meetings will start by sharing updates and announcements followed by a brief round table check in.
- Meeting minutes will be sent within two weeks after via email.