Adolescence and young adulthood is a time of growth, development and change. Tasks in this time include individuating from family and the formation of identity. Treatment of mental health difficulties and substance use in this phase of life requires an approach that focuses on the individual and their desire for independence and autonomy while appreciating the ongoing and important role of the family.
Dual Diagnosis Clinic Hours:
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Brooklyn Park, Medical Office Building
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation for both mental health diagnoses and those related to substance use with recommendations for further care.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for substance use disorders, including buprenorphine
- Psychiatric medication management
- Drug testing and monitoring
- Individual substance use and mental health counseling
- Support the mind and body’s innate healing capacities
- Family guidance and therapy
- Brief intervention outpatient track for at-risk substance use (3-5 sessions)
Criteria for Outpatient Dual Diagnosis Clinic:
- Ages 13-26
- Involvement of a sober/stable caregiver
- ANY substance use disorder or at-risk use in addition to ANY mental health diagnosis
- Stable for outpatient level of care based on safety assessment
- Interest in treatment for both mental health and substance use disorders
Schedule a FREE Needs Assessment to determine if Dual Diagnosis Clinic services are appropriate.