The Inpatient Hospitalization Program provides multidisciplinary treatment through group, individual, and family therapy sessions. These intensive treatment options focus on thorough assessment and symptom stabilization while working on healthy living skills. Those receiving inpatient care receive 24/7 care in the hospital.
Inpatient Hospitalization Hours
24/7, treatment programming occurs from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Length of stay
Averages 7-10 days
Monday – Sunday:
9am – 7pm
Treatment in the hospital is a full day experience for your loved one. They participate in many different forms of group programming that is important to their care throughout the course of each day. It is so helpful to the children and adolescents in the hospital to have visitors. It is equally important for them to attend groups and sessions with as little disruption to their care as possible. We encourage you to visit for short periods of time as many days of the week as you can. It may be helpful to consult with the treatment team around the time of day that will work best for each individual patient to have visitors.
Services are provided by our professional team here at PrairieCare and include
- Activity Therapists
- Social Workers
- Primary Care Consultants
The inpatient hospital program provides active and intensive therapeutic services in a coordinated and structured environment. This is an acute care setting focused on the stabilization a child and/or adolescents psychiatric needs related to the crisis which preceded their need for inpatient hospitalization.
Our team works together with an interdisciplinary treatment plan focused on each patients presenting needs. We will also identify the goals of treatment,, identify discharge recommendations, and create a discharge plan for an average length of stay between 7-10 days.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have taken several precautions to keep our patients, visitors, and employees healthy and safe. We work directly with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure we are implementing best practices and preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Visiting Hours: 9am-7pm daily.
All visitors must be on the approved visit list and follow the below outline.
Download Visiting Information Guide
- Visiting Hours: 9am-7pm daily. All visitors must be on the approved visit list.
* Legal guardians can update the visit list. Please note that due to current COVID-19 restrictions, Legal Guardians are the only visitors allowed at this time.
- A valid picture ID must be presented to the receptionist upon arrival for all visitors 16 and older. If a visitor does not have a picture ID, two forms of identification are acceptable.
- Individuals under the age of 18 must be always accompanied by an adult when visiting with a patient. The accompanying adult must be on the approved visit list.
- Photo ID must be shown at every visit and check-in.
- Prior to entering the patient unit, visitors are subjected to a metal detecting wand or walk-through metal detector to identify potential contraband.
- All visitors must comply with this prior to entering the unit.
- Items such as car keys and cell phones will be secured in a locker prior to entering the unit.
- Purses, scarves, coats, cell phones, MP3 players, and any other electronic devices are prohibited from being brought onto the unit.
- Visitors are encouraged to leave personal items in their car.
- Following the visit, the visitor can retrieve these items.
- All items brought to the unit are subjected to search by a security officer.