The PrairieCare Dual Diagnosis Intensive Outpatient Program has been designed to meet the needs of young adults and their families as they navigate the tasks of individuation and identity formation with mental health symptoms and substance use concerns. Our intensive program aims to merge the autonomy and independence of adult treatment with the family involvement and increased support more typical of adolescent treatment.
A unique component of the program is that patients can be at different stages of change with regard to their substance use. For example, some patients and families may have the goal of abstinence, while others may be unsure about change and have a willingness to learn and discuss. Our goal is to use our group setting to provide tools and feedback to assist in making healthy behavior change while incorporating individual and family work that can be tailored to the specific goals of the patient and family.
Therapeutic approaches utilized in program include motivational interviewing, harm reduction, and relapse prevention with content from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectic behavioral therapy (DBT) and mindfulness based intervention. A sample of topics for educational groups include substance use and how it impacts brain development and function, self-care, management of health and wellness, goal setting, money management, job skills and communication skills.
Monday – Friday
11am – 2pm
Program will consist of:
- Psychological Health and Life Skills Education
- Process Group
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy for interested families
- Random drug testing program for interested families
- Psychiatric medication management, including access to Medication Assisted Treatment for substance use disorders. This includes buprenorphine for opiate use disorders.
Patient Criteria for Programming:
- Ages 18-26
- ANY Substance Use Disorder or at-risk use in addition to ANY Mental Health Diagnosis
- Stable for Outpatient level of care based on Needs Assessment
- Interested in having treatment for both mental health and substance use.
Schedule a FREE Needs Assessment to determine if this program is a good fit.